About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Am Sick

So, this is my second day this week that I've stayed home from work. I'm pretty miserable right now with a throat that feels as if its on fire. I went out to dinner with Brian and his parents last night and had chicken tenders. When I order "breaded" chicken tenders, I assume they are baked... Well, the ones that ended up on my plate were fried.. And not just fried, but they were like a dark brown color and incredibly crispy. Not wanting to make a big deal about it, I ate a couple anyway. After dinner Brian and I go home and not more than 5 minutes after I walk in the door I am almost vomiting. I fought it, because I hate throwing up so much. I used to take a prescription that would make me sick and vomit all the time. It's a miserable feeling. Anyway, this nauseousness last night was hopefully from the fried food, since I don't normally consume fried food. Because my sickness seems to be more cold like than flu like.

Since I'm home, I thought maybe I'd take this time to at least make a post.

Last Monday we had to take the kittens to the vet because Amelia was having really bad tummy troubles. She had no control over her bowels and I was worried. The vet wanted a stool sample, too. I had a cup of poop in my car cup holder. *shudder* The vet went over her stool and found no parasites. And he put her on a kitty Imodium. The vet also put an anesthetic in Aesop's eye to make the third eyelid go down, since it's usually half exposed, and discovered that Aesop has no pupil in his left eye. So, he is partially blind. The night we brought them home from the vet, Amelia seemed to be more spry than ever.

The older cats are getting better adapting to the kittens. They pretty much ignore them. Once in a while Georgia will try to play with one... Then will get mad and smack one. So, we have a spray bottle with water ready when that happens.

This past Saturday I woke up in kitten pee. It was gross. Since Robert was coming over anyway, I asked him if he'd stop at the store and buy some Woolite mattress cleaner. Since Brian and I needed to wash our other blankets anyway, we decided to go to the laundromat in Middleville. It's a poor excuse for one, too. Only half of the machines work, the floor is dirty, there is no person visible that works there - only about 7 cameras. Also, the bathroom looks like it has 70s wallpaper. Robert joined us, which was nice. Then after that we went to GR to make our final payment at La-Z-Boy... Then to Pet's Mart because the vet wants us to put all of the cats on Science Diet. After that we headed to Gaines area and went to Target and Meijers.

Sunday, we attended Catholic Mass to attend the baptism of a wee young lad, Carter. I had never been to an actual Mass before. It was quite enjoyable. Brian was pretty excited about it, too.

Photobucket

I enjoyed that they sang a lot of older hymns, too. At TVC, where Brian and I go, they don't really do that.

Also, yesterday our sectional was delivered!

Photobucket

We are quite pleased. It's definitely worth it. Our living room is kind of long and narrow, so a couch and a loveseat wouldn't have worked out.

Photobucket

The far left seat is a recliner. Brian's pretty happy since he's never owned a recliner. It was a must have in my family, though.

Photobucket

The seat to the left of the chaise is pretty neat. The foot area slides out and there's a drawer for extra storage. And the back of the chair folds down to reveal a tabletop area with cup holders.

Photobucket

I picked out the fabric. Brian was a little skeptical, but it does indeed match our carpet.

I felt up to taking some pictures of the cats as well. There are more pictures of Amelia than Aesop... He's pretty active and playing almost all the time. It's harder to get him to stay still.

Anyway, here are some pictures...

Photobucket
Double trouble...

Photobucket

:) Amelia has a permanent smile look to her fur pattern.

Photobucket

Georgia with her tongue out.

Photobucket

So cute.

Lastly,

Photobucket

Bella is laying on our old couch. See the icky pattern?

1 comment:

  1. Nice couch. We have a sectional as well. Those kittens are so cute. I've never seen a kitty with Amelia's coloring before; her face looks like a little tiger's!

    ReplyDelete