About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Friday, December 18, 2009

So, A Lot Has Been Happening... Let Me Explain.

Where to even begin. This week has probably been the most insane week Brian and I have experienced in a long time.

Last Saturday Brian and I were in our living with Aesop, Bella, Georgia and "Amazing" Amelia (that's what we've been calling her - you'll see why later on.) And out of nowhere we hear Cognac screaming in the kitchen. He was running away from the food bowl. Brian and I noticed about eight months ago that Cognac would make that same noise here and there when we'd pet him. At that time we thought maybe he had an inner ear problem. He would go a while without making that noise, so it was kind of pushed to the back burner. Well, after we got the kittens Cognac made that noise again. So, I asked our vet what he thought it was one day when Aesop and Amelia were in for a check up. He said he wasn't sure but that we should go home and try to get him to do it again. Well, we never could. Anywho, after that had happened this past Saturday while he was eating, it dawned on me that he probably had a bad tooth - this whole time. So, I knew we'd need to call the vet first thing on Monday morning. On Sunday Cognac did it again - twice.

The first thing I did on Monday morning was call our vet. They wanted him to come in that morning at 9:40 a.m. Since my work deadline was on Monday I couldn't leave, so Brian drove Cognac to the vet. When he got him there the vet tried looking into Cognac's mouth. But Cognac wouldn't let him - he wouldn't let us either when we tried. But he said that from what he could see there was blood in the back of Cognac's throat. Our poor little man.

We called the vet later that day and he said he'd have to work on Cognac after office hours because it was really busy there. Later that night he called and we were told that Cognac had a lot of infected tissue in the back of his throat and that he had removed it. He said he couldn't find what had caused it either. And he said that Cognac could come home the next day.

So, Tuesday we picked him up. And it was so sad. His mood instantly changed. And he was so happy to see us. But he had a lot of dried blood around his mouth. He talked to us the whole way home. I was surprised it wasn't painful for him.

Tuesday night we were supposed to be testing driving a truck. I opted to stay home with Cognac because I wanted to make sure he'd be okay. I wanted to be sure that he wouldn't be coughing up blood or anything since it was dried around his mouth. So, Brian went. He absolutely loved it. This was the vehicle that we spent six months looking for. We got it from Smith and Doster. Mike Smith, who my family has known for over 20 years owns it and runs it. He's the best mechanic I know. I also got my focus there. And I get it serviced there as well. Mike gave us a super deal on the truck, too. We later found out that it was because he likes us a lot. :)

Anyway... Here it is...

Photobucket

It's amazing. And so comfy. Brian's Dad had always let him borrow his truck for the winter. But we found that sometimes there were scheduling conflicts on when they wanted to use it to when we needed it and vice versa. So, Brian and I decided that we needed a 4x4 vehicle that was ours. It took six months to finally find one that was an amazing deal. And Mike even threw in brand new snow tires.

With stuff going on with Cognac, getting a new vehicle (doing the run-a-rounds for it), Christmas shopping, and general business that goes with both of us working full time and house cleaning, we have been trying to remember the good/funny/relaxing moments...

Photobucket

Georgia showin' off her boobies.

Photobucket

Amelia being a perfect, adorable circle. (Please excuse the excess kitty hair on my Christmas mat.)

Photobucket

Brian finding a funny item in the store.

Photobucket

Bella on the computer. We joked that she was skyping with the cats from my parents house. (I bet she really doesn't miss them though.)

Photobucket

"Amazing" Amelia getting on the coat rack.

Photobucket

Both kittens sleeping peacefully with me. (Not the most flattering picture of me, but oh well. They're cute.)

And we're trying to stay warm in the snow with some hot chocolate.

Photobucket

I also need to bring up that my Goddaughter is the cutest kid in the world...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like how she's grabbing the present, too. Like, "For me, right?"

Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment