About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Activities

Well, Brian and I were CRAZY or should I put 'CrAzY?' Naaahhhhh busy this weekend.

Friday night we walked in the Relay for Life walk that was in Hastings, MI. If you don't know much about the RFL, you should look it up. They raise millions of dollars every year for cancer research. In the past, I made bracelets to sell. This year I made a lot of pinwheels and pinwheel barrettes. I think I sold maybe 6 items. Thank you, Addie, for buying one!

Photobucket

It's usually located at Tyden Park in Hastings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see, it was Twilight themed.

Photobucket

Here is a luminary that my Mom and I decorated. It's in memory of my Grandfather. He passed away from liver, lung, and bone cancer in 1998.

Photobucket

This is a luminary that we made in memory of my Uncle Gene who passed away from bone, kidney, and lung cancer in 2008.

Photobucket

Roger B. was the husband of my cousin, Sheila Marie. He passed away in 2009 from brain cancer.

On Saturday, Brian and I ventured over to Brighton, MI. We had a birthday party to go to for a very handsome little man. He turned one.

Photobucket

I kinda sorta fell in love with a golden retriever, Kodee.

Photobucket

There was some pool party fun for the kids. Hey, Lindy... Where was my kiddie pool? It was around 93 degrees and the humidity slapped you in the face.

Photobucket

The cake was kinda cool. It was a jungle themed party.

Photobucket

Here's the birthday boy eating his cake. Which, at one point he picked up the entire piece of blue fondant elephant and ate it in one bite. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the face he made.

Photobucket

And here he is eating his candle. ;)

Photobucket

Here's the family.

Photobucket

And I had some fun with the balloons on the balcony.

On Sunday we had a Hayes Family reunion. I think the last one was about 13 years ago. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The last one I remember was Grandma Hayes' 80th birthday party.)

Photobucket

It wasn't a huge turn out... But we were glad people showed up. I had cousins there that I hadn't seen in years.

Photobucket

We played ladder ball.

Photobucket

Cousins went to great lengths to rescue our ladder ball pieces.

Photobucket

Here is Cheryl with Carter.

We had a great time. And reminisced about our younger days.

On Sunday evening Brian sat down on our sectional. And I thought to myself, "When was the last time I even sat down and relaxed?"

We managed to get a few good shots of the kitties, too.

Photobucket

Here's Bella and her belly floof.

Photobucket

Here's Georgia. I tried to get a flattering picture of her. She seems to be losing some hair on her belly and legs. We're not sure why, but she doesn't act stressed or anything. She's the same old weirdo she's always been. And I mean that with love. She's our oddball kitty. :)

Photobucket

Even when Aesop isn't in the picture, he has to ruin in at the last second. This is NOT a first for him.

Photobucket

And here's our little man all sprawled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment