About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

2011 Great Strides Walk

On May 21st Brian and I participated in the 2011 Great Strides walk to help raise money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.

This cause really means something to my family. My little cousin, Makayla, was diagnosed with CF at 6 months old. She is now a whopping 5. Makayla's Mom, Laura, has really tried going above and beyond to raise money for CF as well as trying to raise awareness.

I had never participated in this walk before, and I must say, it was quite interesting. Basically we walk 3.1 miles around downtown Grand Rapids... We caused a couple traffic jams, too. Whoops!

Here are some pictures from the event:

Photobucket

It was held at Calder Plaza. This was taken before everyone showed up.

Photobucket

This was most of our team.

Photobucket

Makayla's family.

We also saw some cool things along the way...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My Uncle Tom decided to make his own route. :) Cheater!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We walked by the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He's also buried there.

Photobucket

So, we got to see some pretty awesome things.

We were pretty tuckered out at the end, but it was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment