About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

First Entry

Well, I'm sitting here at Brian's house wondering about a lot of things. I have about 127 days until Brian and I wed. We've been talking a lot about our honeymoon. And we are both unsure of what we'd like to do and where we'd like to go. We've been talking a lot about going to Mount Rushmore. And Brian suggested we go on an Alaskan cruise. So, we've been looking at cruiselines and pricing information online. I'd really love to go on a cruise like that.

I got my dress months ago. And it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago I got my wedding shoes. I'll soon be going in for a fitting to have my seamstress make a few adjustments and alterations. I haven't turned into a "Bridezilla," nor do I think I will. I've been very relaxed throughout this whole engagement. And I think that I've been spacing out the decisions very well. I'm only down to a couple of larger purchases. And hopefully it will be smooth sailing until a few weeks before when I have to start finalizing the smaller things. I don't really want to spend a lot or go for the "glamorous" look for the wedding. To be honest, I waited long enough for the engagement, and I truly just want to hurry up and just be married already. (Sigh...) I do plan on tanning, though. My legs are so pale that I'm almost transluscent. And I plan on getting my fingernails done for the special event. I can already make my toes look like they were professionally done. I don't even really plan on having my hair done, either. My hair will be about two and a half feet by then. It's pretty much going to be my veil. So, I plan on getting my hair trimmed once before the wedding and just having it straight on the "big day."

I used Zazzle to make the invitations, R.S.V.P. cards, and the registry cards. I still need to buy postage and I have yet to find any smaller, nice looking envelopes that I could use for the R.S.V.P. cards. Hopefully a trip to GR in the near future will solve that issue. But I plan to hopefully have the invitations out by the middle of next month.

I still need to pick the wedding music - if we decide to have dancing at the wedding. Maybe I just lack the motivation, I'm not sure. But if we do dance, I plan on dancing with Brian to "Forget Modern Nature" by Sondre Lerche. He is absolutely amazing. (He did all of the music for the movie Dan in Real Life.)

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. And I've also been buying a lot of books. Right now I am reading the fourth Twilight installment, Breaking Dawn. On the side I'm also reading Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun (the first Twilight book re-written in Edwards perspective that someone leaked on the internet before it was finished - Stephanie has said she will never finish it.) Also, I started reading Rutka's Notebook. She has been dubbed the "Polish Anne Frank." If you want a serious, interesting, and noble read. You should definitely read it.

Well, how was this for the first entry? Did I pass?

Photobucket




1 comment:

  1. Definitely get postage now! Buy those forever stamps as the post office ladies told me stamps are going up again May 1st!! Ugh!

    I'm totally for blogging, so I think it's a great idea to start this up! :) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete