About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Well...

What have I been up to? I haven't posted a blog is soooo long.

Actually, a lot has been going on.

I was recently sick and not working for a couple of days due to a head cold. I must say, that was not fun... Not fun at all. I'm feeling much better... I only sound a little nasally today... So, WHOO HOO...

Last Friday Brian and I attended a Whitecaps game outing with my brother Robert. Every summer HPS provides a free game. All you have to do is show up. The Whitecaps lost, sadly. But it was still a good time. Here are a few pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Saturday this past weekend I ventured to my parents house in Hastings and picked up my cat, Bella, to take to the vet and then bring her over to her new home. The first couple days have been rocky... Mainly because Bella can be a nervous wreck sometimes. But she's doing better, even though she managed to get into the crawlspace under the house twice and cut her lip. So, our basement is completely blocked off for the next couple of months until Bella calms down. (The basement was where the cat box was...) Bella needs to learn that the upstairs is safe... Not the creepy crawlspace under the house... She's getting more comfortable every day, though. :)

Photobucket
Bella, with her poor cut lip.

Brian and I have also been extremely busy with just normal house work and getting organized. I estimate the house won't be where we want it to be for the next month. I guess these things take time. We're also managing our own budget and shopping only once a week. Which is helping with saving money. :)

I'm also trying to get things changed to my new name. Which is taking a lot more time than I wanted it to...

But, life goes on...

1 comment:

  1. Geez, 'bout time. :D We still have to get together someday! I've been getting my house organized too. All 3 bedrooms are nearly organized again.

    ReplyDelete