About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe that Brian and I got married a year ago. And then again, it seems like we've known each other since birth. Brian and I had a very enjoyable one year anniversary. We stayed at a hotel in Grand Rapids for a couple nights.

Photobucket
There was an awesome king size bed. (We have a full sized one at home - not as roomy.)

Photobucket
We were pretty excited. :)

On the day of our anniversary we were even more excited. We reminisced about our wedding day as we were getting ready.

Photobucket

I told Brian about the morning before the wedding. I had gotten up at 6:00 in the morning and I had only had about 1 hour of sleep. Mainly because Nicole and I were in the same bed talking all night. She was just as excited as I was. My nervousness set in at breakfast time. I remember trying to eat a bowl of plain rice chex and it just wasn't happening. I felt so sick. Sara got there shortly after to start in on my hair. After talking with her a while, she got me feeling better and I was able to eat a half of a granola bar. I wasn't nervous about marrying Brian, either. I knew that I wanted to be with Brian for eternity at just 7 months into our relationship. I was more nervous because all eyes would be on me for the whole day.

We went to the Macaroni Grill. (If you haven't ever been there, they have paper on the table tops and you can color with crayons while you're there.) I asked the waitress first thing if she'd let me keep it since it was our first wedding anniversary. She obliged. :) I don't know what I'm going to do with it, though. Perhaps I'll frame it and hang it in our bedroom.

We munched on Mediterranean olives while drawing.
Photobucket

The food was delicious, too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was a slice of their ricotta cheesecake. Sooooo good.

Photobucket
This is my rendition of Brian and I (as good as I could with the three crayons they gave us) on our wedding day. :)

Photobucket
Brian drew our just married vehicle. Pretty good, too.

Photobucket
The Bri Guy. :)

Photobucket
Me and my long hair. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket
We got it pretty covered.

Photobucket
Married life is so good.

In other news, when we arrived home yesterday Amelia wasn't doing too well. Please keep her in your thoughts. She goes to the vet today. Her gums were very white this morning. She's showing signs of anemia. However, she is also feline leukemia positive. She may lose this battle. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment