About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Remembering Amelia

I have been putting this off.
Amelia lost her battle with Feline Leukemia on July 6, 2010. She was around 10.5 months. It literally happened overnight.

It's heartbreaking. We tried so hard to keep our feline leukemia positive kitties alive. We ultimately couldn't save her from herself.

This hit Brian and I like a ton of bricks. It was so sudden that it still bothers us. We were so involved with Aesop and Amelia. Trying to keep them active and playful, giving them the best food available and giving them so much love. Though it feels like it, our efforts were not wasted. She was happy while she was here and lived her life to the fullest. She was fearless.

As sad as I may be, Amelia was an amazing cat. She was spunky and full of energy.

Here is a look at her life:
Photobucket
Amelia, a few weeks old, with formula on her chin. At this age she (and Aesop) had to be bottle fed.

Photobucket
Amelia with her brother, Aesop. They were cuddle buddies.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Her fuzzy kitten phase.

Photobucket
She was so gorgeous.

Photobucket
I don't really know how I even got this picture. Usually two small kittens this age have difficulty sitting still.

Photobucket
Here they are cuddling on my lap.

Photobucket
Here's the close up of her.

Photobucket
Sleepin'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Boy, when she was tired, she was TIRED.

Photobucket
Beautiful markings.

Photobucket
Sleeping with Aesop.

Photobucket
So little and precious.

Photobucket
Here she is in the new house.

I bet I have more than a hundred pictures of her. I'll be making a shadowbox in the near future with her pictures and some of her favorite toys in it. I'll follow up with that in another blog.

Photobucket
In this picture, half of her whiskers were gone because she played too rough with Aesop.

All we can do now is hope that Aesop doesn't have to go through the same thing. Right now he's as big as a moose, towering over our adult cats.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute. I'm excited to see pictures of the shadowbox.

    ReplyDelete