About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Introducing...

Brian and I made the decision a long time ago that we wanted a dog. It took us SO long... What breed? Should we rescue from a shelter? We had talked about adopting an ex racing greyhound... And even though that is still in the realm of possibilities in our future, we held off. I also put in for adoption of "Lenny the Pitbull" (find him on Facebook.) Lenny is still in much need of socialization training and still has a long way to go in his life's journey since being rescued in August of 2010. I still talk to the woman that rescued him and I wish her so much luck.

So, here they are... (Oh yeah, did I mention that we got TWO?)

Charlie and Henry!

Photobucket

Charlie is the brown one. (Get it? Charlie Brown...) And Henry is the black one. (Nothing witty for his name. We just think that's a really adorable name.)

We actually ended up finding a breeder of Labradors and Labradoodles. We decided to stop and take a peek...

Brian and I adopted, what we feel, would have been the less desirable puppies in the litter. Charlie is a runt... Very small... And in the 3.5 days that we spent with them before coming back to work we've noticed that he's a little behind Henry developmentally. Which isn't bad... He'll get there...

Henry was injured when he was around 4-5 weeks old and the skin between his nostrils was torn... Probably by some other puppy. (There were 9 in the whole litter - big wrestling crowd of puppies.) So, he had his stitches removed last Friday morning. He'll have a permanent scar. We don't mind, though. :)

Here are more pictures:

Photobucket
Cuddling on the puppy blanket that I made them. Cute toes, huh?

Photobucket
Well, here's a close up.

Photobucket
Annnnnd an even CLOSER close up. :)

Photobucket
This isn't the best picture of Henry... He had just gotten his stitches removed and was super sleepy... But this shows you his scar.

Photobucket
Charlie.

Photobucket
And here's Brian with them.

They are cute little cuddlebugs. They'll play, play, play on the floor... But the minute you pick them up, they just melt in your arms and want to cuddle.

You're probably wondering how the cats are adjusting... Well, they are tolerating the new additions. I thought Aesop would be best buds with them since he tried being Cheech's BFF when we first introduced him into the household. But.... No. Aesop senses they are not cats... So, he's hesitant... But he's also a little curious. Bella, who has been around dogs before, is the only one that has gotten the closest to them to investigate their unique aroma. :) I'm sure they'll come around.

For now, we're dealing with the potty training. They're getting better every day. We love our pups.

I keep telling Brian, "We got the coolest puppies out of the entire litter."

No comments:

Post a Comment