About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Festival (& Maggie)

Since I've mentioned him in my last two posts, you're probably wondering what Festival looks like... Brian and I adopted him today. And he's super sweet. He's walking around like he owns the place now. :)

We renamed him, too. Since he was rescued in August... Brian suggested that we name him Augustus. We'll have Festival as his middle name. We just don't want to be reminded that he was abandoned in pretty poor shape at a festival. But we like knowing that he was rescued in August. So, his name is Augustus "Auggie" Festival McKinley! I still call him Festival, too. It's hard not to.

Are you ready for some pictures of his first day in his forever home?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sleepin'. :)

Photobucket
Mags loves him. :)

And since she wasn't pictured in my last post:
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. im so glad you adopted Festival! he was in such poor shape when he was brought up to us at the danish festival parade, i was there as Snippy for csnip. I am so thankful you adopted him. my sister Stefhannie, has taken care of him since then. My sister took great care of him, and I feel that you will too! Thank you and God Bless

    ReplyDelete