About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kittens Make Me Smile

Yesterday I traveled to my parents house to help feed and take care of some kittens. My friend Yvette will be taking a kitten... Brian and I will be taking one... And my parents will keep the other two.

My Dad is an absolute sap when it comes to kitties that need a home. On Thursday he was walking up to our back porch and stumbled upon four of the tiniest kittens he'd seen in a long time. The Mom was out hunting. Determined to keep at least one he scooped up a little calico. You have to be sneaky while dealing with wild cats. If the Mom saw my Dad there, she would have run off with the others and hid them... And they probably would not make the winter. (She did that two years ago.) He got the little calico to the vet. She was about 4 weeks old and she still needed formula for the next several days until she could be weaned off of it and put on kitten chow.

Being the big sap he is, he couldn't let the other ones die, either. And I don't really blame him. I would be deeply saddened if I took only one out of the cold and left the others.

We've seen it many times... This same mother cat... She'll have a litter and favor one of them and the other(s) die. And since winter was coming, her survival instincts would kick in and she'd most likely fight to the death for food.

Anyway... Enough about that...

I took pictures.

Photobucket

Doesn't it just look like they're in some sort of dance club? The toy could be a disco ball...

Photobucket

These are the two that my parents will be keeping.

Photobucket

We'll be adopting this kitten. Not sure if it's a boy or a girl just yet... I believe this little one has Horner's Syndrome. That, or he/she's partially blind. Doesn't really matter to me... I'll love it just the same.

If it's a boy, I'd like to name it Simon. If it's a girl, I'd like to name it Willow or Daisy. (No reason why...) Buuuuuut, I don't know how Brian feels about those names.

Next weekend Brian and I will be staying at a hotel in Grand Rapids. We'll be celebrating three years together on the 30th. It's pretty dang exciting. :)

And on the 18th we'll be going to a baptism for our friend Lindy. She recently gave birth to a bouncing baby boy named Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment