About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Where The Heck Have I Been?

It's been a long looooooooong time since I've posted a blog. Brian and I have been so busy with everything.

On labor day we went to Grand Rapids and ordered new furniture. It's a custom sectional (with a recliner!) so it will take 4-6 weeks to receive. Brian and I have been so terribly antsy for it to come in. We currently have one couch. It's an old couch that Brian got for $60. It's not that I hate the couch, it's just not what we both want. We'll be re-arranging the whole house in a few weeks so that we'll be able to get the sectional to fit properly. We'll be hanging onto the old couch for additional seating.

Also on labor day we went to the John Ball Zoo...

Photobucket
The zoo seemed kind of sad in some parts... This tiger never really got up. Just kind of stayed there.

Photobucket
These guys were adorable, though.

Photobucket
Brian took this... Every time I got near this guy, there were several kids in the way... So, of course the moment I go to the bathroom Brian gets this awesome shot...

Photobucket
My boys. :)

Photobucket
Tortoise 'tocks. :)

Photobucket
The bears were our favorite... They wrestled each other...

Photobucket

Photobucket

In other news, Thursday I got a call from my brother, Jason. A mother cat decided to have a late litter of kittens. Brian and I will be keeping the one kitten that is blind in one eye. We're currently trying to give a home to one...

Photobucket

She's about 4 weeks old. Currently being bottle fed.

This is the kitten we'll be taking...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment