About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

100

I have seen a lot of status updates on facebook where people are supposed to list something that they are thankful for every day. I have decided to list 100 things that I find amazing and am thankful for.

Here goes...

I am thankful for: (In no particular order, of course.)

1. Being married to my best friend.
2. Watching kittens play.
3. Having my favorite movie on and being able to quote it.
4. Having family near.
5. Watching a child's mind work as they attempt to do something they've never done before.
6. Love.
7. Friends.
8. My Mom.
9. My Dad.
10. My brothers.
11. My upbringing.
12. For having known a strong and wondrous woman, Edna Hayes. She was my grandmother and best friend as a child.
13. God.
14. Freedom.
15. My husband and the bond we share.
16. Having a job in this economic decline.
17. Having a roof under my head.
18. Music, in general. And its ability to brighten one's day.
19. Having a warm shower.
20. Being loved, having love, sharing love.
21. Autumn, and the inspiration that the colors bring to me.
22. My In-laws; Brother, Sister, Mother & Father.
23. Waking up and hearing birds singing outside.
24. Warm morning coffee.
25. Hugs.
26. People being honest.
27. Our soldiers.
28. Technology.
29. Indoor plumbing.
30. Wearing a scarf that I handmade.
31. Good health.
32. Freedom of religion.
33. My pets and their affection for me.
34. Knowing when to quit.
35. Being financially stable.
36. The sound of the rain drops hitting my windshield.
37. Mobility.
38. Being an adult.
39. Knowing that I always have my husband's support and unconditional love.
40. Books.
41. Living in Michigan and seeing wildlife.
42. People that don't abuse their animals. And people who spay/neuter them.
43. Search and rescue teams.
44. Photography.
45. And with 44, creativity.
46. Kind strangers.
47. Gentlemen being able to show me that chivalry isn't dead.
48. People who actually take the time to read my blogs.
49. People who don't treat me like I'm an afterthought.
50. Fresh fruit.
51. Pumpkin carving.
52. Homemade cooking.
53. Days off from work.
54. Fleece blankets.
55. Reclining chairs.
56. Bike rides in the summer.
57. Fireworks.
58. An ice cold beverage.
59. Reading in the tub.
60. Trustworthy friends.
61. Classic cartoons/television shows.
62. Tupperware.
63. Chocolate.
64. Baking goodies.
65. Snuggling.
66. Sitting quietly reminiscing of my favorite childhood memories.
67. Learning something new.
68. The internet; basically having the world and my fingertips. And Netflix is pretty cool.
69. Dreaming.
70. Watching old black and white movies.
71. Health insurance.
72. Receiving cards/notes for no particular reason.
73. Falling asleep with Brian.
74. Cats that sleep on me.
75. Comedy.
76. My gut instinct.
77. Eating popcorn while watching a movie.
78. The first snowfall of the year.
79. The pitter patter of little footsteps.
80. Finding cat footprints on my car.
81. Baby giggles.
82. Medical breakthroughs.
83. Small towns.
84. Air travel.
85. Shopping.
86. People who donate.
87. Art.
88. Sleeping in.
89. Staying up late.
90. Recycling.
91. Fresh water.
92. Being alive.
93. Warm, fuzzy socks.
94. Blowing gum bubbles.
95. Soap.
96. Generosity.
97. Air conditioning.
98. Traditions.
99. Fresh air.
100. Smoke free zones.

I guess I normally take some of these things for granted. It literally has taken me a couple hours to randomly think of things that I'm thankful for.

I'm glad I took the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment