About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quick Update

Little Bud, Aesop's big brother, died two days ago. Heartbreaking. Aesop is the only one left. It's so frustrating. I scheduled an appointment to have Aesop checked out next Wednesday September 8th. We'll be checking his red and white blood cell levels and also seeing if he's still positive for fe leuk. I'm praying that he'll be negative so that I don't have to be in a constant state of worry. Georgia is also getting a check up and a few vaccinations.

Feline leukemia can attack at the strangest times and areas of the body. Though Cassie's blood cell levels were fine, her lungs started filling up with liquid. The same thing happened about 6 years ago to our kitten, Muggins. We had just adopted him about 2 months before from the local animal shelter. (Muggins died September 14, 2004 and Annie died September 20, 2004 - In the same week from Fe leuk.)

For some reason Aesop is still alive and kicking. I freak out a little every time I see him napping because I'm worried that he's lethargic. The stress about this is almost constant. But, he eats very well. I put his viralys medicine on his food. And he is such a water baby I don't even need to worry about him being dehydrated. He's very big and is a good weight. He's not really fat, just thick and muscular. (Which, that's something all the other siblings didn't have; size. Little Bud was Aesop's "big" brother, but he was far smaller than Ace.)

I cannot stress enough how much I want Aesop to survive. He's got so much personality. I keep him active and play with him every night. He's got some strong lungs on him from all the jumping and flipping he does while playing with his favorite feather toy. Please send good thoughts our way.

Coming up this weekend we're heading up to Mackinac for the holiday and for Colleen's birthday. I've never been up there, mainly because of my fear of water... But I made it through the Alaskan cruise. So, I can make it through this, too. I'll be hanging out with Brian's Mom a lot. We're going to try to get some good pictures up there of colorful things. She'd like some one-of-a-kind art pieces for her downstairs bathroom that she's been redoing. Hopefully we'll get some good shots.

This past weekend we got quite a bit done. Brian started his wood cutting. He cut a good amount for his first time. This is our first year having a wood burning stove. (Well, actually we have two of them and a fireplace.) Since our new house requires propane for heat, we want to save money in the winter.

My cousins, Addie and Anna, came over this weekend, too. Addie has been knitting for about 15 years now. And I decided that I wanted to learn. So, I had my very first lesson. I think I'm pretty good for a beginner. :)

On Sunday we went to Battle Creek to spend some time with Brian's parents. We traveled to Marshall to go to the Family Bible Church. The sermon was interesting.

Well, that's about all for now...

Photobucket

Goosfraba....

No comments:

Post a Comment