About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This Weekend...

This weekend had a lot of pros and cons:

Pros:
1. I got to drive over the Mackinac Bridge for the first time.

2. I got to travel to Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, & St. Ignace for the first time.

3. I got to spend time with family.

4. I got to take some awesome pictures.

Cons:
1. I found out that I cannot digest Alfredo sauce. (I think it's been about 5 years since I had it.)

2. Our truck would not start and had to be towed to Cheboygan, MI. Since it was a holiday weekend, no mechanic place was open until Tuesday.

3. I woke up at 3:20 a.m. on Monday with incredibly low blood sugar and fighting nausea. My body isn't normally awake at that time, so it wasn't giving me proper amounts of insulin.

4. Brian and I missed work waiting for the truck to be fixed.

But, it was totally worth it...

Photobucket

I loved the fabric of the pillows and bedspread at the hotel.

Photobucket

A view of our room.

Photobucket

We traveled to Cynthia's Yarn Shop.

Photobucket

She had so many yarns. I wanted to live there!

Photobucket

She had a lot of items on display.

Photobucket

I bought two skeins of this, too. I don't know what I'll make with it yet, but gosh it's a great color.

Photobucket

I also found this bag in Mackinaw City. I thought it would make a perfect knitting bag.

Photobucket

We saw this guy on our first night there. Check out his site here.

Photobucket

This was the restaurant we dined at for Colleen's birthday. Click here to view their site.

Photobucket

I liked their table lamps.

Photobucket

When we went to the island Brian and I had lunch at Goodfellow's.

Photobucket

I got this amazing picture of Brian there. Isn't he handsome? :)

Photobucket

In Mackinaw City I bought this. (It's a general rule that I must buy stuff with my middle name on it.) I also got it because...

Photobucket

... it mimics the awesome housewarming gift that Brian's Mom bought for us.

Photobucket

This picture is from the island.

Photobucket

Gorgeous.

Photobucket

Horses. :)

Photobucket

I took this fresh off of the ferry.

Photobucket

This is the Mackinac Bridge from the island.

Photobucket

Some of the shops on the island.

Photobucket

There were mini classic coke bottles at Ryba's Fudge Shop. :)

Photobucket

Look at how "gorgeous" I look after biking 4 miles.

Photobucket

This was the view from our hotel. :)


I had a great time even though I was sick for part of it.

2 comments:

  1. Mackinac Island is my happy place. Your photos brought back memories of our anniversary trip there May 2009. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green yarn and knitting bag! You are totally getting into this. I'm excited to come over this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete