About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Friday, May 22, 2009

"Last Night on Earth"

Last Night on Earth is a song that I'm absolutely in love with right now...

This week has been a busy one. My co-worker in my department had two back surgeries this week to fix scoliosis. She will be out for three months or more. sigh. I wish her a speedy recovery. So, while she's out, I'm currently trying to do BOTH jobs in the time it normally takes me to do my job. My boss hired part time work to come in and help me out. Her name is Christine and she is absolutely awesome. She's only in the office 4 hours a day, but I'm still feeling the crunch of these two jobs. Pray for me that I'll be able to complete all of my work tasks, my new work tasks, training the new girl, AND plan a wedding...

Oh yeah... Wedding talk...

This Tuesday my maid of honor, Sara, came over and did a trial run of my hair. She'll be doing my hair for the wedding. C'mon, $50 for a "wedding" updo?" I swear, they'll tack on $20 because it has to do with a wedding... Which it turned out beautifully...

Photobucket

This is the front view. It'll look much better on wedding day. Sara didn't use any product on it to hold anything in place better... My, look at all of those freckles...

Photobucket

And this is what the back looked like.

And earlier this morning, my cousin, Scott, brought in two dozen roses for me. (I'll be making a couple practice bouquets.) His wife picked them up for me on Thursday since she was in the area. Thanks, Addie! And since HPS was generous today, they let us leave at 2:30 p.m. to get an early start to the holiday weekend. So, I got to Brian's house and started taking pictures of these beautiful flowers...

Photobucket

Red roses...

Photobucket

And white roses...

Photobucket

Georgia was pretty interested in them...

Photobucket

... A little too interested...

Photobucket

She started to creep me out a little bit...

Ok... Just a couple more pictures and then I'll get back to blogging...

Photobucket

Photobucket


So, coming up...

Tonight: Brian and I meet with the DJ for the wedding to go over songs for the wedding.

Saturday: I have a hair appointment! I'll be getting the "spa" treatment, whatever that means. But I'll also be getting about a half inch trim. YAY! Then my Mom and I will be at Brian's house... She'll be helping me with practice bouquets... (2 cats at Brian's house are better with flowers than the 10 at my house...) And my cousin Sara will be coming to Brian's house and we'll be helping her do some photo editing... Then her and I will be making a trip to "The Wall" Walmart... to print them off for her.

Sunday: Church in the morning... And then we're going to be in GR most of the day. We'll be making some stops around there; Stopping at Rachel's apartment to feed her adorable cat, Clover, while Rachel camps out this weekend. Then we'll be at Michael's to get more beads so that I can finish the bridesmaids necklaces... And then we'll also be at Burlington Coat Factory. People have been telling me to check there to look for a flower girl dress.

Monday: I believe Brian and I will be in GR to go to this free Sam's Club day thingy...

And lastly, May 13th would have been my Grandma Hayes' 93rd birthday. She passed away almost three years ago July 1, 2006 at the age of 90.

1 comment:

  1. My only constructive criticism on the bouquet, is to maybe use a white or off-white ribbon and go almost all the way up and down the stems and then cover that with the red, then use pins with the white/pearl colored round tops to old it in place all the way down about 3/4 inch apart, it looks like buttons when it's done. I'll find a picture to explain better if you need one. :D

    I just realized that I'm posting this on the wrong blog entry, but it won't let me copy it and I'm not typing this again... :D

    ReplyDelete