About Me

My photo
I live on 6 deeply wooded acres in the boonies of Middleville, MI. I'm married to an amazing man, Brian. He's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm a big animal lover. I have 5 cats; Bella (6), Cognac (3), Georgia (3), Maggie (2), & Auggie (8-9mos.) We recently lost our kittens, Aesop & Amelia, to a battle with Feline Leukemia. I feel the need to mention them. They were amazing beings that showed unconditional love like no other cats I've had. I also have Cheech (9) that I'm fostering. We have two puppies; Charlie & Henry. Having a blast! I'm a dabbler in photography, photo shop, & crafts. I'm kind of a bookworm/nerd/geek. Yes, I have read the Twilight Series. No, I'm not obsessed. I love Shakespeare, Nathaniel Hawthorne, C.S. Lewis, and L. Frank Baum - among others, obviously.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yay!

So, Friday night dinner started at 7:00 p.m. with Laura and Brian. It lasted up until about 11:00 p.m. We dined at Applebee's... The major downside was that they put us in the smoking section. I'm telling you, by the end of the night my throat burned and I reeked of cigarette smoke. It was ghastly. I did have a lot of fun talking with Laura. And I told her a lot about the "perks" to working in an office.

Saturday Brian and I had to load up his truck with a 125 pound server, a power supply, four desktop computer towers, as well as their monitors and keyboards. I filled the back of Brian's truck. We drove the hour to Battle Creek and unloaded everything into the back of Brian's Dad's dental office. (I was hot...) We then went to Premier Diamond to get my engagement ring checked out. We have to have them inspect it and clean it every 6 months. If we don't, the warranty is void. While we were there, Brian and I went ahead and bought our wedding bands. That was a pretty exciting moment for the both of us. The owner was a very nice man. He gave us a discount on the rings, since Brian had purchased the engagement ring there... And he was even nice enough to give us $20.00 for either gas or lunch since we had driven an hour to get there.

We then went to Bob Evans "Down on the farm..." and had lunch with Cherie (Brian's Mom), Rand (Brian's Dad), Colleen (Brian's sister), and Johnny (Brian's brother-in-law). It was a pretty good lunch. We went back to Brian's parents house after lunch and hung out with Colleen and Johnny before they had to leave for a concert. Also, Cherie convinced me that I should buy this Pledge Animal Hair Remover to remove pet hair. That thing is seriously amazing.

Brian, Rand and I ended up going to the dental office. I helped get the server out of the box... But Cherie called. She wanted to come pick me up and do something with me. So, we drove back to their home and just talked for a while; about wedding things, and venting about things that happened throughout the week, and I told her the details of my promotion. Brian's Dad also bought me a study bible.

Brian and I decided to leave Battle Creek at about 6:45 p.m. We brought back the '68 Elky.

Where we ended the night by watching Blast From The Past.

Photobucket

This is a picture that I took of the 1968 El Camino's back Chevy bow tie logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment